The International Society of Computational Biology is hosting the 10th Annual ISCB/RECOMB Regulatory and Systems Genomics with DREAM Challenges (RSG/DREAM 2017) on November 19-21 at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) in New York City. …
Details about the conference can be seen here:
Please join the YSB project team for an informational Town Hall Meeting on Thursday, September 21 at 3pm in Sloane Physics Lab room 57. We will update the Yale Community on construction progress.
A new Town Hall Meeting has been posted to the Yale Science Building project website. Please visit http://yalesciencebuilding.yale.edu/ to view.
Thought the below was an interesting snippet from a dialogue I had….
Collaboration tools: Even a small group…will quickly get unwieldy if we coordinate using long CC-chains on email threads.
I think the minimum requirements are central management, email lists, and document sharing.
Options that come to mind are:
– Google G-suite, Drive, and Groups (free for nonprofits, robust features, integrate with existing login…)
– Slack plus Dropbox (more suited for teams who are actively collaborating, but it could be a great framework)
– Yammer (looks great, but I’ve never really used it)
– Office365 (it’s heavyweight and costs money, but it’ll give us all the features we could ever imagine)
– Basecamp (I haven’t used it in years, and it’s more about project management than collaboration)